Ken Cutler is Director CyberAudit and CyberSecurity. He is responsible for developing and managing the Cyber curricula. He is also President and Principal Consultant of Ken Cutler & Associates (KCA) InfoSec Assurance, an independent consulting firm delivering a wide array of Information Security and IT Audit management and technical professional services, and is Director of Q/ISP (Qualified Information Security Professional) programs for Security University.
An internationally recognized consultant and trainer in the Information Security and IT audit fields, he is certified and has conducted courses for: Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) and CompTIA Security+. In cooperation with Security University, he recently was featured in two full length training videos on CISSP and Security+.
Ken was formerly Vice-President of Information Security for MIS Training Institute (MISTI), Chief Information Officer of Moore McCormack Resources, a Fortune 500 company. He also directed company-wide IS programs for American Express Travel Related Services, Martin Marietta Data Systems, and Midlantic Banks, Inc.
Ken has been a long-time active participant in international government and industry security standards initiatives, including:
- The President’s Commission on Critical Infrastructure Protection
- Generally Accepted System Security Principles (GSSP)
- Information Technology Security Evaluation Criteria (ITSEC)
- US Federal Criteria
- Department of Defense (DOD) Information Assurance Certification Initiative.
He is a prolific author on information security topics. His publications include:
- Commercial International Security Requirements (CISR), a commercial alternative to military security standards for system security design criteria
- NIST SP 800-41, “Guidelines on Firewalls and Firewall Policy”, of which he was co-author
- Various works on security architecture, disaster recovery planning, wireless security, vulnerability testing, firewalls, single sign-on, and the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS)
He has been frequently quoted in popular trade publications, including Computerworld, Information Security Magazine, Infoworld, InformationWeek, CIO Bulletin, and Healthcare Information Security Newsletter, and has been interviewed in radio programs My Technology Lawyer and Talk America.
Ken received Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration and Computer Science degree from SUNY Empire State College.