Internal Auditors spend the majority of their time communicating: speaking with and interviewing clients, preparing information for distribution and deciphering information they have gathered. Having effective communication skills is a necessity to be a successful auditor. And having solid interviewing skills will make the audit experience more pleasant and effective for both the auditor and the client. Interviewing is part science and part art form, this course is designed to help auditors develop the interviewing skills needed for establishing rapport and effective fact gathering.
Participants will gain an understanding of how different communication styles impact both how a message is presented and received and how to effectively manage various communication styles and situations.
This interactive course will use lecture, examples, real-life case studies and group exercises to help auditors develop interviewing and communication skills to be immediate implemented in interviewing situations and meetings. Additionally, handling conflict and difficult situations and developing negotiating skills will be specifically addressed.
This course utilizes the DiSC Assessment to evaluate participants’ communications styles.
- Learning interviewing techniques and styles
- Understanding different styles of communication
- Communicating effectively with clients and stakeholders
- Active listening skills
- Becoming a skilled interviewer – developing an effective questioning and interviewing style
- Developing skills for dealing with difficult people and situations
- Using interviewing guides and tools
- Tips, tools and techniques for communication
Questions? Contact us
Phone: +1 (781) 784-4390
Fax: +1 (781) 253-2066
Email: fill out form below