In today’s Internal Audit environment, auditors are expected to be knowledgeable in all areas of their business, help a company meet its objectives through value-add auditing, and now are more and more frequently expected to catch fraud during the audit process. A standard audit catches less than 15% of existing frauds because audits are designed to test effectiveness of controls and evaluate operating efficiency, not find fraud.
This course is designed to provide the fundamentals for developing fraud audit programs and incorporating fraud detecting into the standard auditing process.
This in-depth course looks at the complete fraud tree and covers all common fraud schemes and scenarios to provide the participants with the knowledge needed to start implementing fraud auditing into their audit processes immediately. Additionally the role of audit and the proper process for auditors assisting or conducting fraud investigations will be covered.
- Understanding the fraud triangle
- Understanding fraud fundamentals
- Understanding the Fraud Tree
- Common fraud schemes and scenarios
- Characteristics of fraudsters
- Knowledge of Prevention and Detection Programs for Fraud
- Implementing fraud auditing techniques to an Audit
- Conducting investigations
Questions? Contact us
Phone: +1 (781) 784-4390
Fax: +1 (781) 253-2066
Email: fill out form below