COSO defines Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) as “a process, effected by an entity’s board of directors, management, and other personnel, applied in strategy setting and across the enterprise, designed to identify potential events that may affect the entity, and manage risk to be within the risk appetite, to provide reasonable assurance regarding the achievement of entity objectives.” That sounds rather vague. What does it mean to your organization, and how do you make it happen?
During this course participants will examine risk types, methods for identification of risk, evaluation of risks, mitigating options, and on-going monitoring. This class will help individuals learn and develop the skills necessary to help drive, implement, and execute an effective Enterprise Risk Assessment through the use of lecture, interactive discussion, case studies, best practices, and group exercises.
- Learning what ERM is and why it is important and valuable to organizations
- Understanding risk issues faced by organizations
- Understanding risk management frameworks used in managing risks
- Learning how to assess risks and risk drivers for a corporation
- Learning why risk quantification is important and basic quantification approaches
- Understanding how risk management is a powerful tool for both strategic and tactical decisions
Questions? Contact us
Phone: +1 (781) 784-4390
Fax: +1 (781) 253-2066
Email: fill out form below