Internal Auditors spend most of their time communicating: speaking with clients, preparing information for distribution, and understanding information they have gathered. Good communication skills are essential for an auditor, and excellent communication skills will make auditors more effective and successful in their role. The course examines why effective communication skills are the foundation for credibility and success for auditors. This course will provide auditors with the communication skills needed in the many communication situations auditors face daily. Participants will gain an understanding of how different communication styles impact the way a message is presented and received and how to effectively navigate various communication formats.
This interactive course will use lecture, group exercises, real-life case studies, and examples to help auditors develop and implement these communication skills in interviewing situations, meetings, conference calls, presentations, and report writing. Finally, the course will address how to effectively handle difficult situations and conflict.
- Understanding the importance of credibility in Audit
- Understanding the different communication styles
- Communicating effectively with clients and stakeholders
- Improving oral and written communication skills
- Becoming a skilled interviewer—developing an effective questioning and interviewing style
- Developing skills for dealing with difficult people and situations
- Knowing when to use which forms and style of communication
- Tips, tools, and techniques for all communication formats
- Learning what builds and develops credibility in communication and relationships
This course utilizes the DiSC Assessment to evaluate participants’ communications styles.
Questions? Contact us
Phone: +1 (781) 784-4390
Fax: +1 (781) 253-2066
Email: fill out form below