The ever-increasing demand on Internal Audit to deliver more—detailed risk assessments, fraud detection and investigation, performance auditing, root cause analysis, and more—often without increased staffing or budget can put tremendous pressure on the audit team.
These demands require us to challenge our audit techniques and begin to leverage technology in our controls testing.
In this hands-on (not theory!) workshop, you will use one of the leading data analytics tools to perform real control testing while learning how to design a continuous audit from scratch without having to be a programmer. We will take a commonly performed manual test and learn to automate it. Through a hands-on experience, you will perform all the required steps using a proper data analytics tool to fully automate the process and create a continuous audit. You’ll complete the course having created a continuous audit that runs when your organization needs it to.
In this hands-on course you will work through exercises in actual data analytics tools in addition to lecture and live demonstrations. It is recommended that attendees should bring laptops (with the ability to install software, or the software already installed) to class to participate in the hands-on exercises.
BONUS: ALL REGISTERED ATTENDEES WILL RECEIVE A TRIAL VERSION OF THE SOFTWARE AND BEST PRACTICE TEMPLATES.
- Importance of planning objectives
- Determining the level of effort for each of the four stages of data analytics progression
- Learning how to execute a data discovery walkthrough
- Designing a continuous audit from a manual test based on a sampling approach
- Developing new tests to support control objectives
- Learning how to transition to continuous monitoring
- Documenting your work without words
Questions? Contact us
Phone: +1 (781) 784-4390
Fax: +1 (781) 253-2066
Email: fill out form below