IT Auditors often begin their career as technical specialists. Their focus is the bits and bytes of their chosen specialty. Transforming the technologist into a manager is a change in mind-set and focus. The success or failure of the manager rests on his or her ability to transform the thought process from the comfort zone of technology to the big picture, which includes leading staff, managing issues, and address the politics of the organization.
The agenda for this session will include:
- Making the transformation from contributor to manager
- Assessing IT Auditor backgrounds
- Understanding the manager’s constituencies
- Defining the scope of the IT audit function and how to avoid distractions and scope creep
- Requirements of an IT audit leader
- Warning signs where the “train can go off the track”